HDPE Polyethylene Material | MPQ Plastics
High Density Polyethylene, also referred to as HDPE is manufactured from the semi-crystalline polyethylene (PE) family. HDPE is available in various grades depending on the application requirements for your product in question.
One of the advantages to using HDPE polyethylene as a material is it has excellent impact strength, even at temperatures to -30 degrees Celsius.
HDPE polyethylene material is very light and extremely tough as we mentioned above. HDPE does not absorb water, and it has good sliding abrasion resistance and is self lubricating making it an ideal material for a number of applications and products.
Advantages To Using HDPE Polyethylene Material
HDPE Polyethylene has numerous advantages over other types of plastic materials. Lets highlight some key examples and reasons why choosing HDPE Polyethylene may be suitable for your application or job.
- Excellent abrasion resistance.
- Very low co-efficient of friction.
- Very high surface release properties.
- High chemical resistance.
- Excellent impact resistance.
- Very good damping properties.
- Weldable plastic.
- FDA approved for food contact.
- Good sliding properties.
- Easy to machine into a number of plastic components and applications.
- Low moisture absorption.
- Good wear resistant.
- Light weight.
Applications HDPE Polyethylene Sheet and HDPE Rod
- Marine Trailer Components including boat trailer rollers, skids and bunks.
- Marine fender and dock pads.
- Conveyor components & rollers subject to high wear and tear requiring low friction.
- 4WD & Auto components. Blocks, bushes, custom components.
- Cutting boards.
- Pipe fittings and flanges.
- parts and components subject to high impact stress.
HDPE Polyethylene Plastic Material Extrusion Sizes, Colours & Profiles
MPQ Plastics extrudes its HDPE Polyethylene materials in house. Sizes available from 10mm to 200mm.
Colour options for HDPE round rod and profiles include: Natural, Black, Grey, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow.
HDPE Polyethylene Custom Profile Extrusion
Magna-Plas (Qld) extrudes it’s HDPE Polyethylene in house. With a full range of extruders at our head factory in Ormeau, Gold Coast, Queensland. If your company requires a custom HDPE profile extruded? We can help. Simply email your drawing or contact to email@example.com or call us on 07 5670 3411 and one of our engineers will be happy to discuss your needs and options.
HDPE Polyethylene CNC Machining & Custom Components
MPQ Plastics has a full CNC machine shop setup in house. No matter what parts you require out of HDPE Polyethylene, we can help. Simply contact us and send your drawing and one of engineers will be happy to discuss your parts and quote accordingly. By choosing us as your local HDPE machinist, you are ensuring high quality HDPE plastic with high quality service and expertise for your machined components. Contact us today!